On August 4 2020, at 6:07 pm, a massive explosion took place in the heart of Beirut specifically at Beirut port. The blast, 3rd most powerful explosion in the World after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, destroyed the Port, Quarantina, Saifi, Achrafieh, Tabaris, Rmeil, Gemmayzeh, Mar Mikhael and beyond. 160 people were killed, 21 missing, thousands injured and 300,000 people made homeless.
In its mission to rebuild Beirut, MEDCO supports supplies for diesel oil and gasoline to many organizations
- Lebanese Red Cross by tripling its monthly contribution of free fuel for August. In partnership with Chevron Caltex Lubricants, free oil changes will also be provided to their Ambulances for August.
- Diesel donations to hospitals in devastated areas (St. Georges Hospital/St.Joseph Hospital)
- Arc En Ciel by donating 5,000 Liters of Gasoline to their volunteers
- Offre Joie by donating 5,000 Liters of Gasoline to their volunteers
- Beit el Baraka by donating 1,000 Liters of Gasoline to their volunteers
10,000 Liters of Gasoline to Corporate Liters Plus cardholders residents of the devastated areas as a Relief Boost to use to rebuild their offices faster!
Setting up the Rebuild Beirut initiative within our online platform so users can donate to Beb w Shebbek organization.
MEDCO believes that sticking together and standing for one another will make Beirut rise again.